PRIMARY SOURCES ONLINE

University Real Estate Documents

Fourth Street Campus

  • February 1, 1749/1750 Deed
    Documents the acquisition of Penn’s first campus, created by the transfer of the Whitefield building and land on the west side of Fourth Street to the Trustees of the Academy and Charitable School of Philadelphia

 

West Philadelphia campus

  • 1870 Deed and Brief of Title, plus the 1873 Mortgage
    Document the acquisition of the core of Penn's West Philadelphia campus, site of College Hall and Medical Hall (later Logan Hall and then Claudia Cohen Hall)

  • 1872 Deed
    Documents the acquisition of the site of the original Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania

  • 1952 Deed
    Documents the acquisition of 3803 Locust Street