Archives > Historical Features > Exhibits

UNIVERSITY HISTORY

Sororities at Penn, 1890-1990
Phi Sigma Sigma (1926)

Phi Sigma SigmaPhi Sigma Sigma was founded on November 26, 1913, at Hunter College in New York, New York. The first nonsectarian sorority in the country, its motto is "Aim high." The Phi Sigma Sigma colors are blue and gold and its flower is the American Beauty rose.

Penn's Nu chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma was founded on October 16, 1926 and closed in 1933. It was reactivated in 1948 but closed again in 2010 from low membership.

<< Delta Phi Epsilon

Alpha Xi Delta >>