Archives > Online Collection Guides

ARCHIVAL COLLECTIONS

Bureau of Publicity. Grounds along the Schuylkill
Photograph Collection, 1910 - 1913

UPX 12 B945

29 Items

Access to collections is granted in accordance with the Protocols for the University Archives and Records Center.

PROVENANCE

Gift of George Thomas, 1992.

 

AGENCY HISTORY

The Bureau of Publicity of the University of Pennsylvania merged with the Recorder's Office in 1912. George Erazmus Nitzsche served as the administrator of this office from 1902 to 1946.

 

SCOPE AND CONTENT

The 29 photographic prints in this collection present aerial views of the grounds along the Schuylkill River belonging to the University. Represented in the views are: the South Street Bridge, Convention Hall, Franklin Field, property of the Pennsylvania Railroad Company, Woodlands Cemetery, the University Museum, the Commercial Museum, and the athletic fields.