Archives > Online Collection Guides

ARCHIVAL COLLECTIONS

School of Design
Programs and other printed materials, 1893 - 1940

UPB 8.8

2 Cubic ft.

Access to collections is granted in accordance with the Protocols for the University Archives and Records Center.

The School's changing names should be noted as follows:

  • The School of Architecture was established in 1890.
  • It was merged into the new School of Fine Arts in 1920
  • which, in turn, was renamed the Graduate School of Fine Arts in 1959
  • which, in turn, was renamed the School of Design in 2003.

 

This collection has not been fully processed. The following preliminary inventory is available.

INVENTORY

Box 1

 

Problems In Design, 1893 - 1898

 

 

Design Programs

 

   

1896/1897

 

   

1901/1902

 

   

Judgement Records, Jury List 1902/1903

 

   

1907 - 1909

 

   

1909/1910

 

   

1913 - 1915

 

   

1915 - 1917

 

 

Beaux Arts Institute of Design Programs, 1916 - 1927

Box 2

 

Design Programs

 

   

1912 - 1916

 

 

Programs In Design

 

   

1918/1919

 

 

Final Reports

 

   

1915/1916

 

   

1916/1917

 

 

Scrapbook, Arch. Ball, 1940

 

 

Publicity on the Gold - Rush Ball, March 28, 1934

 

 

Beau Arts Institution of - Design

 

   

1913/1914

 

   

1919/1920

 

   

1928/1929

 

 

Design Programs

 

   

1914/1915

 

   

1916/1917

 

   

1928/1929

 

CONTENTS:

Inventory

 

 

RELATED LINKS:

More School of Design records